The 6 Steps to a Successful Marriage
The key to a Successful marriage
A marriage is something that is truly delicate; it’s also a HUGE step in a relationship. A lot of people take it without the proper consideration at to what exactly they are getting themselves into, and the divorce rate shows exactly what I’m talking about.
My wife would argue that I should be the last person that is discussing the ‘successful marriage tips’, and hell, she could be right. I stick with the notion that ‘what works’ is truly a matter of opinion. We all have an opinion, and those who don’t speak it, that’s because life has beaten you down to the point that you are now a mime and a mute, you simply nod your head.
Given that, that, is absolutely no way to live, I’m going to give ‘Sean’s’ own opinion on what can make a marriage work and last to the good times. A successful marriage relies on factors and concepts and I will give you the analysis that revolves in my brain ‘dun dun dun’ here it comes:
Tips to a successful marriage- From a married man
- Try not to smile too much- If you smile too often, you seem ‘too’ happy. Happiness is something that comes round once and a while, and if you abuse the feeling, you will forget what it is. Happiness becomes that dirty little secret, if one of you is miserable it’s going to be a target of frustration “Why the hell are you always so happy?,” go on, deny it, it’s the truth.
- The woman is never wrong- As men; we are bound to be the ‘error children’ of the world. We are without depth, and clearly, our life experience does not count. With this in mind, a successful marriage is one where the woman can commit no wrong. She is a vast vessel of knowledge of the purest caliber. Men are given the image of cave men that scratch their ass and don’t know how to do anything right, up until shit hits the fan, then we are supposed to morph into hercules and defend all honor, that is as long as you are respecting ‘space’ and not being over-protective 🙂
- Her friends ‘rock’- Your wife’s friends have to be cooler than yours. Their stories HAVE to be interesting (yes I know…brutal) and under no circumstance can you be mean to them. They are after all, the ‘family’ your woman chooses. A successful marriage means accepting family. When they talk about a trip to Dunkin Donuts and turn it into half hour story where Abu behind the cash register winks at the girl, it becomes a full-fledged romantic story where at one point he proposes and offers a private jet trip to India. I know, kidding, not everyone that works at Dunkin Donuts is Indian, it’s just a stereotype I’m having fun with. Oh, the romantic story? No, that really happens.
- Your mother-in-law is an angel- Again, this is where you might as well get some Vaseline, because the friction when you bend over and take certain things can be quite painful. A successful marriage means your mother in law can do no wrong, and anything she does wrong is not of ill will, it is a mistake, and it should always be forgiven. Oh don’t pay any attention to the financial deficit it has sent you through, everything is okay. Up until you can’t help the in-law when they speak you are the god-son, the moment you can’t help, well, they are awesome at suggesting replacements for your ass to their daughter 🙂
- Money is of no object- You are going to be the entrepreneur of the century cause guess what, us men have the secret to growing money trees. We have discovered what science cannot; we can take a penny and grow dollar bills from the ground. A successful marriage operated on the principal that you have so much money that you can never spend enough. $200 dress? Sure throw it in the bag! Who needs rent when you can hang out in an alley wearing that?
- Accept you’re a bad driver- A successful marriage means not arguing right? Well no matter what you do when you drive, it is an immediate panic attack, and don’t forget, the other driver is always right! Especially if they are a sweet old person. Don’t get me wrong, I love old people, especially when they are genuine, but guys…your driving becomes impaired over time…my grandfather runs red lights and claims he’s good to go, these are things I know.
A successful marriage- Plain and simple
The truth of the matter is marriage is very difficult, it’s a matter of taking preference and desires and making them clear expectation. Like it or not, marriage is when you decide to ultimately make the big sacrifices, to take a person’s feelings serious enough to make them a top priority.
I absolutely do joke about marriage, but then again, I take very little serious. When you watch your own marriage crash and burn you tend to keep an open mind toward how most of them work in general, but regardless, it does’t take away the sour taste in your mouth from having experienced it personally.
Those tips will lead a couple to a successful marriage in days. Don’t hold back the love and fun now, take the step, and with those tips of genuine interest, you will keep that sparkle in her eyes forever.