Is Religion a Scam?
Religion, how it is something so sacred, yet, so open to opinion. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with having something to believe in, but at the same time, holding others accountable to have that same belief, that is flat out senile.
Religion is supposed to be something that delivers comfort, a place to look toward if you need ‘lifting’, perhaps help with believing in yourself, so why is there a negative side to it if you don’t share a given belief? Why add the additional ‘sinner’ label’ if you don’t follow something to a “T”, well, I consider that to be a good question.
Encouraging a belief toward something is okay, saying someone will burn in hell if you don’t believe, well, that’s some special shit. The entire concept of ‘religion’ is something that encourages getting past tomorrow.
Lets talk belief
Believing in something that makes you think tomorrow will be okay, who is anyone to say that is wrong? On the same accord, it shouldn’t be an area of penalty if you simply don’t feel the same way.
Embrace what you feel, not what others feel you should feel. The whole concept of inspiration is basing your actions and your beliefs around something bigger. Basing inspiration on things that grow over time, that gives reasoning to constantly improve…chase the future like it could be tomorrow, but accept the fact that it could be a long time from now before it actually occurs.
Anything that says you must feel a particular way– Well, it’s bullshit. Religion is about acceptance and support, so when various ‘aspects’ start claiming how you will burn and die on account of taking other beliefs into consideration, well, that’s just complete and total shit. That being said, let’s recognize religion for what is should be.
Philosophies of the Male Ego-Religion; What it is supposed to deliver
- Comfort- If you don’t believe in yourself, this being on a cloud is supposed to make you believe. Even if you don’t, pretend. Life is tough, take a moment to reflect on the fact that you are doing all right. The reminder alone can really go a long way.
- Values- Values are hard to set in life, and even harder to abide by. Consider the values of your life, and try to set a stand to accommodate them, order in life is rather and important, and if you don’t have order, you won’t understand until you do.
- Reflection- The past is a place to look back on, like it or not, you lived it. If you lived it, grant it the opportunity to deliver a ‘learning’ lesson from it.
- A place to look for guidance- Breaking down is never a good option, it leads to impulsive decisions, emotional choices, and an overall path to pure complication. Find a way to adjust and consider your choices, think about whether or not a choice is the right thing to do.
- A chance- Chances in life are few and far between—consider the benefits of a choice—and additionally, consider what negative aftermath may surface—essentially, choices are in our hands, think about the course our actions will take, and make yourself view the results “in the long run.”
The Problem with Religion
It is one thing to press positive ideas and the ‘consideration’ that religion ‘could’ benefit people and grant a place of ‘guidance and solution’, pressing anyone into a belief due to fear is unhealthy though. The threat of eternal damnation for not matching beliefs to the way they are written leads to false beliefs, lack of inspiration, and the exact opposite of what spiritual guidance is meant to be.
Isn’t that what religion is supposed to be about? An outlet for a difficult time, a place to retreat during difficult situations, a quiet place to visit while taking on the various trials and tribulations life has a tendency to deliver.
Well, newsflash, religion has become a place of complete and total misery, oppression of opinion, and criticism toward believing other ‘possible’ scenarios that lead astray from what a given book says. When managing struggles and trying to make the most positive decisions possible, the more available options to find belief, the better the outcome. So why oppress anything when the outcome is the same? The fact people just want to feel secure in themselves? I don’t have an answer for that, hence the point of this article.
My problem with religion is the way that it has seemed to walk away from its very roots and become more a ‘bully’ in regard to the fact that you either believe, or you are marked a piece of shit for not taking in the idea.
Well, screw that. Sorry, if I am to believe a single force is the very judgment of my every action, I have the right to consider it, evaluate it, and question whether it is the right idea for me. If a man in the clouds is to watch and judge my every action, why shouldn’t I have the right to say, “I need a few days to consider it”, the idea is, belief should be based on patience and acceptance, not oppression and force. The only belief you gain from that approach is one that takes it because there is no other choice, which leads to a complete and total rebellion, speaking of rebellion, how did angels fall again?
A discussion for another time. Hopefully I created some questionable thoughts, that after all, was the goal.